Advocating for Victims of Unsafe Conditions in Airports
Approximately 85 million airline travelers visit Chicago O’Hare and Midway airports annually. This massive number of travelers and the many family members and others who join loved ones make our airports among the busiest locations for foot traffic in the United States. Despite the presence of TSA agents and metal detectors, passengers and other visitors still face a significant risk of suffering a life-altering injury. Although it might be more typical for air travelers to express safety concerns related to potential problems when soaring miles above the ground, far more people who visit airports are injured in slip and fall accidents than while riding on an airplane.
Our Chicago airport slip and fall lawyers at Stein & Shulman, LLC recognize that a holiday getaway, well-earned vacation, or business trip can suddenly become a source of disappointment and anxiety when you are injured in a slip or fall accident at Chicago Midway or O’Hare airports. Because many travelers are rushing to make flights or connections, trip and fall accidents are predictable when vendors fail to promptly clean up spills in dining or shopping locations. If parents have small children, a fall can occur when a passenger trying to make a flight fails to pay attention as he or she collides with a small child lingering in the terminal.
Proving Liability in an Airport Slip and Fall Accident in Chicago
At Stein and Shulman, LLC, our experienced, committed, and compassionate Chicago airport slip and fall attorneys work diligently to gather critical evidence which might include:
- Witnesses that observed the hazard and/or fall accident
- Physical evidence of the fall, including torn clothing, physical injuries, and damaged luggage
- Photos of the accident scene
- Reports or records of law enforcement regarding the accident
- Video footage of the incident from security monitors or private cell phones
- Written statements from airport workers, airport visitors and/or vendor personnel
- Review of reports from prior accidents related to similar hazards
- Objective evidence of injuries, such as medical records, diagnostic imaging, evaluations by medical professionals, and observation of lay witnesses
Since Chicago airports are public entities, injury victims will often need to navigate the special procedures and notice requirements mandated to pursue a lawsuit against a public entity. While liability might be limited to private vendors operating food establishments or other businesses in many cases, determination of the potential liability of a government entity is important because of special deadlines and the amount of available insurance coverage.
Damages Recoverable in a Chicago Airport Trip and Fall Accident
While the damages recoverable in your slip and fall or trip and fall claim will depend on the unique facts and circumstances of your situation, categories of damages that we might pursue on an injury victim’s behalf include but are not limited to the following:
- Expenses for hospitalization, treatment, and rehabilitation
- Lost income and diminished future earning capacity
- Property damage (e.g. vehicle repair or replacement)
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disfigurement
- Emotional distress
- Costs associated with burial/funeral
- Punitive damages
Contact The Slip & Fall Attorneys Stein & Shulman Today No Recovery- No Fee
We invite you to contact us if you or someone you love has been injured in a slip and fall in a Chicago airport. Our Chicago O’Hare airport slip and fall accident attorneys and Midway airport trip and fall lawyers at Stein & Shulman, LLC can provide the perfect balance of experience, expertise, empathy, diligence, and tenacity to help you obtain the best possible outcome for you and your family. If you or your loved one has suffered a serious injury during a fall in a Chicago airport, contact us today at (312) 422-0506 or email us to schedule your no-obligation free consultation.