Questions to Ask a Car Accident Attorney in Chicago, Illinois
Providing the Experienced Legal Assistance You Need After a Car Accident
A car accident attorney can help you to make sure you obtain the recovery you deserve if you are injured in a car accident due to the negligence of the other driver. You will likely have many questions to ask your potential attorney, and it is important to inquire on a few central topics to ensure you have found the right law firm for your needs. The following is a look at some questions you should ask your potential car accident attorney:
- How long have you practiced personal injury law? An experienced attorney will be well versed in automobile accident cases and may improve your chances of obtaining a full financial recovery.
- How many automobile accident cases do you accept each year? You will want to determine how much of your attorney’s legal practice involves specifically car accident cases to reach an assessment of their background and experience.
- Do I have a case against the driver that injured me? The strength of your own case is central to any legal consultation. To recover damages, you will need to prove that the other driver breached a duty to you, causing your damages. If you cannot prove all of the essential elements in a car accident case, you will be unlikely to win your case.
- Who should I name as a defendant? You will likely name the other driver as a defendant in the case, but he or she may not be the only responsible party. In some cases, there may be other defendants, including other drivers, a driver’s employer, or an automobile manufacturer.
- How long do I have to file my lawsuit? There is a statute of limitations in place in each state, and if you wait to file a lawsuit after this period of time, you may lose your right to pursue a car accident claim forever.
- What are my potential damages? After reviewing the facts of your case, you should ask your potential attorney what damages you may be able to obtain in a car accident claim.
- Will my case settle? Many car accident cases settle before reaching the trial stage. You should ask your attorney what the pros and cons of reaching a settlement are and how he or she wishes to proceed.
These are just a few questions you should consider asking your potential car accident attorney. Make a list of your critical questions before your consultation to assist you in finding the ideal attorney for your legal needs.
Put Our Over 45 Years of Combined Legal Experience To Work On Your Case!
If you have been injured in a car accident, the Chicago Car Accident Attorneys at Stein & Shulman, LLC can help. We understand how overwhelming those initial hours and days after a car accident can be. When you retain our firm, we will relieve the stress of insurance adjuster calls and assist you in obtaining the strongest legal outcome. Our firm has achieved over 40 million in settlements and verdicts for our valued clients. Contact us online today for a free consultation with one of our experienced car accident lawyers at (312) 422-0500.