Zealous Representation for Rollover Accident Victims in Chicago
Rollover accidents are dangerous crashes that have a higher fatality rate than most other crashes. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that over 10,000 people are killed in rollover accidents each year. Rollover accidents account for 33 percent of all passenger vehicle fatalities. Often, these accidents are the result of driver negligence or flaws within the design of the vehicle or even the tires. If you have been injured in a rollover accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
An experienced rollover accident attorney can accurately assess your potential case and advise you as to the damages you may receive. At Stein & Shulman, LLC, our law firm brings over 45 years of combined legal experience to your rollover accident case. We ensure your case is thoroughly investigated and your legal rights championed. We provide individualized attention to your important car accident case, fighting for your full recovery.
The Causes of Rollover Accidents
There are numerous causes of rollover accidents. Some of these accidents involve single vehicle crashes, while others include multiple vehicles. The most common causes of rollover accidents include:
- Tripping: Tripping occurs when the tires of your vehicle strike a curb, bump, soft shoulder, or another obstacle and cause your vehicle to roll. This is said to be the most common cause of rollover accidents.
- A high center of gravity: Large vehicles, such as SUVs, trucks, and minivans will usually have a higher center of gravity than sedans. This high center of gravity makes these vehicles more prone to rollover.
- Hazardous roads: Uneven pavement, large potholes, and a lack of warning signs are all road problems that could potentially cause a vehicle to trip and rollover.
- Tire defects: If one of your tires fails due to poor maintenance or a defect, this can cause you to lose control of the vehicle and potentially rollover. Defective tires can cause tripping type rollovers and potentially lead to multiple vehicle accidents.
- Speeding: Traveling at an excessive rate of speed places you and other drivers at risk of a rollover crash. Those who drive too fast may be unable to stop in time to avoid an obstacle or could collide with another vehicle and cause it to roll.
- Multiple Vehicle Accidents: If a vehicle is hit in the side by another vehicle, it can lead to a rollover accident. Larger vehicles are most at risk of tipping over if struck on the side.
Compensation for Your Rollover Accident
If you have been involved in a rollover accident, you may be able to seek compensation from the other driver or company responsible for the accident. Your first step will be uncovering the cause of the accident and determining whether negligence played a role in the crash. Your car accident attorney can then assist you in timely pursuing the appropriate avenue for recovering your damages related to the crash.
Put Our Over 45 Years of Combined Legal Experience to Work On Your Case!
Rollover car accidents can inflict considerable injuries on those involved. These accidents are often the result of negligence or vehicle manufacturer defects. If you have been injured in a rollover car accident, our experienced Chicago Car Accident Attorneys at Stein & Shulman, LLC are here to help. Our firm has handled all manner of injury and accident cases, achieving over 40 million in settlements and verdicts for our valued clients. Contact us today for a free consultation with one of our experienced wrongful death lawyers at (312) 422-0509 or by filling out a free contact form online.