Head-on collisions result in some of the most severe auto accidents, frequently leading to catastrophic injuries that often are fatal. Head-on collisions happen for a variety of reasons, and while there are common causes of all auto accidents, each accident is unique.
Examples of common causes of head-on collisions include, among others, the following:
- Inattentive driving, such as texting or using a social media application on the phone;
- Falling asleep at the wheel or driving while tired;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, including prescription medication;
- Suffering from a spontaneous medical event, such as a seizure, heart attack, stroke, or any other medical event that may cause impairment;
- Vehicular failure, such as tire blowouts, or brake failure, among others;
- Poor weather conditions; and
- Low visibility if driving at night.
If a person survives his or her injuries following a head-on collision, he or she may still have life-altering consequences that lead to an inability to work, the need for continuous medical treatment, and the emotional harm that often coincides with permanent physical injuries.
INJURED? CALL STEIN SHULMAN, LLC FOR YOUR INSTANT CASE ANALYSIS
Stein & Shulman, LLC has over 45 years of combined experienced in Illinois Accident & Personal Injury Law. You can receive a free and instant case review by calling our office at (312) 422-0506.