Proudly Representing Injured Accident Victims in Chicago
Medical expenses can quickly become overwhelming after you are injured in a car accident. One of your first concerns following an accident will likely be “who will cover my medical expenses?” Your right to compensation for your medical expenses will depend on the facts of your accident, but if you were injured by a negligent driver, the other driver may be responsible for these accident related losses.
The car accident attorneys at Stein & Shulman, LLC, have assisted thousands of car accident victims with serious injuries and tremendous medical expenses. We do not want to see our injured clients forced to max out their health insurance or cover their medical costs out of pocket if they are injured due to the negligence of another driver. Our firm fights to see that our injured clients obtain the compensation they deserve so that can move on with their lives after a car crash.
Compensation for Medical Expenses in Illinois
Injured accident victims can seek coverage for their accident-related medical costs from the negligent driver that caused the collision. Medical expenses that may be covered include:
- Emergency transportation costs: If you were brought by ambulance or helicopter to the hospital, these transportation costs may be reimbursable.
- Emergency room bills: Emergency room treatment, including emergency surgery, can be covered by insurance.
- Doctor’s visits: Your injuries may require ongoing doctor’s care which is compensable by the negligent driver.
- Prescription drug costs: Even with insurance, the copayments associated with prescription drugs can be costly.
- Physical rehabilitation: If your injuries are severe, you may need to undergo physical rehabilitation to retrain muscles, nerves, and other injured parts of the body.
- Future medical expenses: Your medical expenses are unlikely to end at the time you file your personal injury claim. You can seek compensation for projected future medical expenses, which include ongoing doctor’s trips, prescription drug costs, rehabilitation, and more.
Even if your medical expenses have been covered by your health insurance, you may be able to seek compensation to reimburse these costs along with the out of pocket expenses you have likely put forth. Your experienced car accident lawyers can help you to calculate your total medical expenses and evaluate your right to seek compensation for your losses stemming from the car accident.
Put Our Over 45 Years of Combined Legal Experience To Work On Your Case!
If you have been injured in a car accident, the Chicago Car Accident Attorneys at Stein & Shulman, LLC can help. We understand the considerable medical expenses you may incur as the result of a car accident. We will fight to see that you obtain the maximum compensation to which you are entitled under the law. Our firm has achieved over 40 million in settlements and verdicts for our valued clients. Contact us today for a free consultation with one of our experienced car accident lawyers at (312) 422-0500 or by filling out a free contact form online.