Last Updated: January 10, 2018
Illinois Car Accident Settlements
Damages in Chicago Car Accident Cases
When you file a lawsuit against a negligent driver, or company, you can recover for all the ways you have been injured physically, mentally and financially.
- Medical bills
- Future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Future lost wages
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental pain and suffering
Types of Car Accident Injuries
In our experience litigating car accident cases, we have unfortunately seen a range of injuries. The force and nature of the crash can change everything, with injuries being only minor or severe enough to cause loss of life. Car accidents have the propensity to result in one or more of the following injuries:
- Fractures and broken bones
- Joint dislocation
- Head and/or neck injuries
- Internal bleeding or organ damage
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
At Stein & Shulman, we understand all of these injuries can be traumatic, and we are committed to obtaining justice for you and your family. Let our experienced personal injury lawyers help you move forward by holding the responsible persons accountable.
The Following is a Short List of Our Recent Jury Award, Verdicts and Settlements:
- $1,500,000.00 for an elderly woman struck and killed by a commercial vehicle.
- $1,200,000.00 for a man that sustained a serious back injury requiring surgicial repair after a multi-vehicle auto accident involving two school buses.
- $950,000.00 for a Commercial Truck Driver that suffered a complete arm amputation as the result of a hit and run accident.
- $940,000.00 for a 34 year old women that injured her hip in an auto accident requiring three surgeries.
- $860,000.00 for a women that sustained a back injury from a rear end collision and underwent a right transforaminal lumbar decompression and posterior spinal fusion.
- $450,000.00 for a woman that sustained a fractured hip (unoperated) after the car she was in jumped a curb and struck a tree.
- $350,000.00 for a minor that sustained a fractured pelvis after a table fell on her while she was attending overnight camp in Michigan.
- $350,000.00 for a wrongful death action when a elderly man in a wheelchair was struck by a driver as he was operating his wheelchair in the middle of traffic at dusk.
- $260,000.00 for a 54 year old man injured in a car accident that sustained injuries to his wrist and shoulder which were both surgically repaired arthroscopically.
- $250,000.00 for a man that was injured by security and police officers during an arrest where he sustained a brain injury requiring surgery.
- $250,000.00 policy for a pedestrian that sustained a partial degloving injury to her left hand after she was struck by the mirror of a passing car.
- $250,000.00 for a man who fell down a step after exiting a restaurant and fractured his hip.
Be sure to visit our Verdicts and Settlements page for an updated list of our most recent awards, settlements and verdicts.
What is the Average Car Accident Settlement in Illinois?
On occasion, potential clients will ask us, “What is the average car accident settlement in Illinois?” Our answer is, why settle for average? As experienced accident and personal injury attorneys, our job is to fight for ever single dollar for our clientele. We don’t settle for one dollar less than what our client is justly owed for their property damage, paid and suffering, lost wages, missed vacation time and all accident related expenses. We do not leave any stone unturned for our clients. Each case is different and has a unique set of circumstances. This is why you should retain an experienced auto accident injury attorney for your case. This way you can be assure to recover the full compensation you truly deserve.