Car Wreck Lawyer in Chicago, Illinois
Why Hire A Car Accident Attorney?
Representing yourself in a car accident claim is a daunting task. No matter your level of sophistication, education, business savvy or general intelligence, negotiating with a well-trained and motivated claims adjuster is difficult. The better option for a car accident victim is to seek representation from experienced, knowledgeable, and competent car accident attorneys with a track record of performance.
Put Our Over 45 Years of Legal Experience to Work For You!
The Chicago-area car wreck attorneys at Stein & Shulman, LLC have over 45 years of experience fighting car accident victims who were injured through no fault of their own.
Insurance Companies Are “For Profit” Businesses
Insurance companies spend a significant amount of money training their adjusters on how to evaluate, analyze, and negotiate car crash claims. Furthermore, many insurance companies offer their claims adjusters financial incentives for saving the company money. Insurance companies are for-profit businesses. Their business model, at its simplest, is making money by selling insurance policies. The company turns a profit by selling more insurance coverage premiums than settlement amounts paid to claimants.
Insurance Adjusters Are Rewarded to Pay You Less
Insurance claims adjusters do not randomly assign a dollar value to a claim. Claims adjusters are guided by a database which is a compilation of various accident scenarios and accompanying injuries. The database cross-references the accident scenarios and multiple injuries with a settlement value. The insurance company establishes these values. They fail to consider the pain and suffering as well as the mental anguish suffered by the car accident victim. Therefore, the insurance company’s initial offer or range of offers could be much lower than you deserve. Be sure to read our page regarding “The Car Accident Settlement Process in the State of Illinois“.
Do Not Get Bullied into a Small Settlement
Stein & Shulman have vast experience successfully negotiating with insurance companies and getting the settlement their clients deserve. Stein & Shulman’s car accident lawyers understand how to negotiate with insurance claims adjusters to convince them to raise their offers on cases to more reasonable figures which gives their clients an incentive to settle. Both sides win if the case can be settled for an amount that is mutually agreeable. But, only an experienced Chicago car wreck lawyer will know what a reasonable offer is and what is not.
Statistically, Hiring an Experience Accident Attorney Increases the Average Settlement
You are not saving money by trying to represent yourself. True, you will not have attorneys fees as a component of your settlement. The reality is, however, that you will ultimately lose money if you are self-represented. The insurance company has no incentive to take your threats of litigation seriously. They employ well-trained and highly educated insurance defense attorneys who will protect the insurance company’s interest and not yours. While people have the right to represent themselves in court, doing so is taking a tremendous risk. The court will hold you to the same standards that they will hold a lawyer. You must know the procedural and substantive rules governing the proceedings.
The Statistics Speak For Themselves
- The Insurance Research Council (IRC) Study finds that people who decides to hire a highly experienced accident attorney receives “significant dividends” when pursuing an auto insurance settlement claim.
- “Paying for Auto Injuries” by the Consumer Panel Survey of Auto Accident Victims states that injured parties receive approximately 40 percent more money for their claim when represented by a lawyer than without one.
- An a special report by the IRC “Auto Injuries: Claiming Behavior and Its Impact on Insurance Costs”
- 85% of the total dollars paid out by auto insurance companies to bodily injury claimants retained the services of an experienced bodily injury accident attorney.
- On average, Insurance payouts are, on average, 3.5 times higher for clients who have hired an attorney than for those without one.
Is it any wonder why insurance companies such as Allstate, Country Financial Insurance, Farmers Car Insurance, GEICO, Nationwide, Progressive, State Farm, and Travelers utilize unfair tactics to devalue or outright deny your claim?
The Reasons Why Car Accident Attorneys Exist Today
- The “At-fault” driver did not have an auto collision insurance policy.
- The “At-fault” driver didn’t have enough property damage or bodily injury coverage to fully compensate the accident victim.
- The “At-fault” driver’s auto collision insurance company denied victim’s property damage and/or bodily injury claim.
- The accident victim did not receive an appropriate settlement offer by the “At-fault” driver’s insurance company.
- The “At-fault” driver’s car accident insurance company seems to be deliberately delaying the settlement process.
If you or a loved one suffered an injury in a Chicago-area car accident, Stein & Shulman would provide you with the expertise you need and the quality representation you deserve to maximize your chance of recovering the financial compensation you deserve. Call Stein & Shulman today at (312) 422-0500 to discuss your claim instantly.
Instant, No Obligation Car Accident Injury Claim Review
Put Our 45+ Years of Combined Experience to Work For You!
If you or a loved one have suffered an injury, contact us today for your free consultation with an experience Chicago Car Wreck Injury lawyer at (312) 422-0500 or by filling out a free contact form online. Our legal expertise comes at no cost to you, unless we win or settle your car accident case.