If you have been injured by a negligent driver, you may have the legal right to recover for your accident-related damages. Your decision to retain an attorney to assist with your car accident case is one only you can make, but there are several considerable advantages to retaining a lawyer. The following is a look at some of the top reasons why hiring a car accident attorney will help protect your legal rights.
- You have a limited time to sue: The statute of limitations in most states is between one and two years. If you do not file your action on time, you may lose your rights permanently. Your attorney will inform you of your time frame and ensure your action is filed on time.
- You must comply with certain rules and procedures: Filing a legal action is complex, and you will need to conform with several rules and procedures. An attorney familiar with car accident cases can help you to ensure you do not jeopardize your rights by not conforming to legal rules.
- The insurance company is not on your side: Most insurance companies aim to protect their own financial interests, which means they have the incentive to delay or deny your legal claims. Hiring an attorney gives you someone to advocate strongly on your behalf against the high-powered insurer.
- Proving liability is complex: The issue of liability is rarely clear cut. Proving the other driver acted negligently will require evidence, witness statements, and more. An attorney will conduct thorough investigations to obtain evidence in support of your case.
- You may not fully understand your damages: Car accident victims may experience a wide array of damages, many of which are not readily apparent in the immediate aftermath of the crash. If you do not hire an attorney, you may accept a settlement that does not cover even a fraction of your total damages.
- You need an advocate: If you have been injured in a car accident, you will be up against fierce opponents, complex laws, and complicated issues of liability. Having an experienced lawyer on your side will even the playing field and could greatly increase your chance of obtaining a financial recovery that makes you whole again.
Put Our Over 45 Years of Combined Legal Experience To Work On Your Case!
If you have been injured in a car accident, the Chicago Car Accident Attorneys at Stein & Shulman, LLC can help. We understand how difficult it can be to decide what actions you should take following a car accident. When you retain our firm, we will diligently investigate the circumstances surrounding your accident and fight for your full legal recovery. Our firm has achieved over 40 million in settlements and verdicts for our valued clients. Contact us today for a free consultation with one of our experienced car accident lawyers at (312) 422-0509 or by filling out a free contact form online.