Cook County Auto Collision Roof Crush Attorneys
Whether you are involved in an SUV rollover accident or a tractor-trailer override collision involving a big-rig, you face a serious risk of suffering roof crush injuries. Few accidents are more horrific and potentially deadly than those where the roof of a vehicle collapses into the passenger compartment. Roof crush accidents can cause catastrophic injuries like traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, loss of limbs, internal organ damage, and decapitation.
When car accident victims suffer the life-altering injuries typically experienced in a roof crush collision, the consequences frequently include staggering medical expenses, chronic pain, and impaired physical or mental functioning. Our Chicago roof crush accident lawyers have over 45 years of collective experience. Roof crush intrusion occurs in eighty percent of rollover crashes, and roof intrusion into the passenger compartment of vehicles causes serious or fatal injuries in more than one in four rollover accidents. Roof collapse injures also tend to be more severe because seatbelts offer no protection from this type of injury. In fact, vehicle occupants wearing seat belts tend to suffer more severe roof crush injuries than those not buckled up.
Why Roof Crush Injury Victims Can Benefit from Stein & Shulman, LLC
Roof crush accidents involve complex factual and legal issues that make this type of lawsuit relatively expensive to pursue. When filing a lawsuit involving roof crush injuries, you need vehicle accident lawyers with extensive experience and the financial resources to retain costly experts who can perform accident reconstruction. Our lawyers have almost a half century of experience representing car accident victims. Because of our extensive experience, we have access to a network of nationally renowned experts, extensive litigation resources, and the expertise to navigate the special issues involved in roof crush accidents. Some of the special issues we can assist with include:
- Roof Strength Testing: There are several forms of roof testing procedures and methods used by vehicle manufacturers. Automakers frequently contend that they complied with industry standards, so they should not be held liable for roof crush injuries. Federal requirements are nothing more than minimum standards, and our experienced lawyers understand how to skillfully counter this defense.
- Federal Standards: Because our law firm has handled a multitude of roof crush cases, our Chicago personal injury lawyers have extensive familiarity with the federal testing and roof strength standards required by the federal government.
- Well-Funded Defendants: Although the other driver might have operated his or her vehicle negligently, the vehicle manufacturer also will be a defendant in most roof collapse lawsuits. Vehicle manufacturers will aggressively contest liability and contend serious injuries were caused by factors other than roof strength and crashworthiness. Our experienced roof crush injury attorneys work with accident reconstruction experts to demonstrate the mechanics of how penetration of the roof into the passenger compartment caused or intensified our clients’ injuries.
Talk to a Cook County Roof Crush Accident Attorney Today
If you suffer injury because your vehicle’s roof collapses during a rollover accident, our law firm might be able to pursue compensation for the following:
- Medical expenses
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Loss of companionship and services of a spouse
- Burial and funeral expenses (wrongful death lawsuits)
- Punitive damages
- Other applicable damages
While the actual forms of compensation you are entitled to pursue will depend on specific circumstances and facts of your case, we offer a free case evaluation. Our experienced Chicago roof crush car accident lawyers at Stein & Shulman, LLC understand the potentially life-altering consequences of inattentive or careless driving. Our law firm offers vast experience and a proven track record of obtaining large verdicts and settlements for our clients. We invite you to contact us today at (312) 422-0509 or email us to schedule your free case evaluation.